Sunday, July 15, 2007

Meet Joe Black Review



Ok, this movie was on TV and I have to admit it drew me in even though my wife and I started watching it about 1/3rd into the movie. It was actually better than I expected. I had seen some previews for it, and never really was interested enough to rent it, but I thought it had some great acting, great scripting and overall was a good movie with a memorable ending. What I liked so much about it was the deeper spiritual content that was found in this movie. Brad Pitt was supposed to be death personified, and some of the characters wouldn't even give him the time of day. They had a hostile approach to his character and found it annoying that Anthony Hopkins would be so attentive to his schedule and likes/dislikes. That to me is a pretty accurate picture of how people in our society feel about death. They don't want to think about it, they don't want to acknowledge that they will one day have an appointment with death, and they ignore it as much as possible even though death is inevitable in all of us. This movie was definitely geared toward the romantic side of things, but I found it entertaining enough to finish the 2/3rd I watched. Recommended for a creative look at the response of people toward death.

2 comments:

luke middleton said...

Kristin caught a few minutes of this while it was on tv, also, ha ha.

One of two or three favorite movies that girls like just as much. I really enjoy Brad Pitt as an actor. The main actress keeps your attention. The make you hate the bad guy (sign of a good movie). Also: one of my favorite if not favorite soundtrack of all-time (who saw that coming?). I have it on cd. The main score is like a fine wine.

Anonymous said...

Bro this movie was outstanding, and the soundtrack was great. I remember for the longest time, you use to say oh Joe black can't be that great. Well bro I own it and think it is an awsome movie, also the chick in it is super hot. And the acting was super, the ending was outstanding, two thumbs up in my book!!
CC