Sunday, August 17, 2008

Collateral Review

I rented this movie from Netflix and was actually pretty surprised at how well-acted it was. It also had a fantastic script. Without great acting and a great script I would consider this movie a flop, yet it had enough good parts to get a decent rating in my opinion. Tom Cruise is a hitman in this movie, and Jamie Foxx is the taxi driver that gets pulled into helping him. At first I thought this movie would be on the slow side, due to the whole movie happening in one night with most of the movie being in the taxi cab. However, that is where this movie surprised me. The writer takes the movie in directions I would never have guessed would happen out of this movie. The taxi cab driver's mother gets involved in the storyline, and they even throw in some romance which is impressive considering the short amount of time that the movie takes place over. I thought it was a good movie overall and would give it 4 out of 5 stars for quality. The ending left me a little disappointed (not bad, just not great), but overall a decent movie that really had clever dialog and great acting.

No comments: