Saturday, August 22, 2009

Fast and the Furious review


OK, first of all let me start out by saying that I haven't seen all the Fast and the Furious movies. I only watched the first one all the way through, and thought it was entertaining - but never got around to watching and reviewing the 2nd and 3rd movie. From what I heard/read they didn't seem to really live up to the first movie, and frankly I never saw the need to take the time to watch them. When I heard that the 4th movie of the series was going to bring back all the original cast, I thought it would be worth checking out - and to be honest - I'm very glad that I did. Vin Diesel is back and so is Paul Walker. All the cast is pretty much back from the original movie, and guess what? The plot is decent as well. My expectations were pretty low for this movie, but I walked away pleasantly surprised at how well the story fit together. You could almost consider this movie the "true sequel" to the first movie. The plot was semi-believable (how believable do you expect from this series?), the cars were fast, the action was fun to watch and the ending was very well put together. I won't give it away, but I thought the way this movie wrapped itself up was the best I have seen since I watched "The Bourne Ultimatum". I really liked this movie, and if you enjoyed the original movie at all, I think you should definitely check out this one. Chrystal really enjoyed it as well, so I'm giving it two thumbs up.

No comments: