Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Monster-in-law Review



Chrystal picked this one up at the movie rental store after being pretty tired of my Terminator movies and other wonderful action flicks. So I decided to watch it with her and see what it was all about. OH MY GOODNESS! This movie is terrible! Please skip it. The acting is fair-to-poor, and Jane Fonda is the mother-in-law in this movie who doesn't want Jennifer Lopez to marry her son. It has potential to be very funny, but it just kind of misses the mark, and makes you wonder why you just spent 1.5 hours in watching this bizarre, not-funny movie try to be hilarious and touching. Sometimes Chrystal really gets good movies (like Serendipity) but this one was a definite miss (and I think we both agree on that one). Please people, save your money and DO NOT RENT IT. Some people find Wanda Sykes hilarious with her sassy mannerisms - but I don't. Jenny Lopez should stick with singing in my opinion. Two thumbs down on this one I'm afraid.

3 comments:

Matt said...

Did not read your review... Still feel like I already don't like this one though. It's the picture I guess...

Anonymous said...

Hey Paul, can we request movies for you to rate?

Paul said...

Sure, no guarantees I will review it, but there is no extra charge for requested movies. Who knows? I may like it. Thanks for reading.