Monday, February 22, 2010

Just Friends Review

I caught this one on cable, and wasn't sure what to expect. This movie actually caught me by surprise at how FUNNY IT WAS! Basically Ryan Reynolds plays a guy who was fat at one point in his life and was friends with Amy Smart, but has now moved on, lost the weight and become successful. He is interested in possibly becoming "more than friends" with Amy Smart's character - but doesn't know what that will look like, or if she feels the same way. Ryan Reynolds also plays in the newer movie The Proposal with Sandra Bullock, but I actually thought this movie was a lot funnier. It deals with the whole ladder philosophy of dating. For those who don't know it - the ladder philosophy says that girls will always have the guys in their life on one of two ladders - the "nice guy" friend ladder, or the "cute boyfriend" potential ladder (I'm sorry I don't know who originated this idea or I would give them credit). The problem is that many guys think they are on the potential boyfriend ladder, and sadly find out that they are only considered to be a "nice guy" by the girl they like and want to date/court/get to know/whatever else you term it. I won't give too much more away about this movie, but I was laughing so hard over scenes in this movie I was in tears - IT WAS THAT FUNNY. Very funny situations, and I originally thought this movie would be fair or just so-so. The fact that it was very funny was a welcome surprise. Check this out if you are up for a funny comedy about boy-girl relationships.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You left out the part where ladder theory helped you woo Chrystal. Tsk, tsk, how soon we forget.

BTW, how's that dude who's living on your couch?

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you forgot who introduced you to the ladder theory. How many times did we question which ladder you were on with Chrystal?

Anonymous said...

You can't base your knowledge of Ryan Reynolds on his performance of Just Friends. As for Ryan Reynolds wife: "a new coat of paint makes any old barn look good!" He's also quoted as saying "My days of romance are over!"