Friday, November 10, 2006

Robin Hood - Men in Tights

I must admit I found this movie to be HILARIOUS! I'm definitely not a fan of the remake of Robin Hood - Prince of Thieves. I found this movie a welcome parody of such a lame movie. Don't get me wrong on this, I do love the story of Robin Hood, but I found the Prince of Thieves movie terrible with a capital T. I personally think Cary Elwes would have been a better serious Robin Hood instead of Kevin Costner. It is traditionally kind of corny, but if you don't expect the movie to be extremely witty, I think you find it very funny and amusing. I loved the Little John and Robin Hood fight sequence. I won't give that away, but they made it great for laughs. Also it was funny to see them make fun of the witch in the Prince of Thieves movie. I'm not sure there is really any witch reference in the original legend, so I thought it was great that they poke fun of the character throughout "Men in Tights". Also, being it is directed by Mel Brooks, be prepared for some obvious references to his prior movies. All in all, a great movie to see a very funny take on a classic legend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I told you bro that you would enjoy this movie and find it funny