Sunday, November 19, 2006

The Family Man review

He said: This movie was another 5 star movie in my opinion. Extremely well done and similar in a way to "It's a Wonderful Life". However it isn't a remake and it is different enough to be a very funny, interesting, movie that is definitely worth watching. I actually liked Nicholas Cage in this movie (even though I don't like him in a lot of different movies) and the values this film supports really were refreshing to see a movie where your business isn't the most important thing in your life. It was very cleverly put together and showed the value of raising a family and being a man who doesn't always have to have the best in life in order to share your time and money with your family. Very, very well done - excellent acting - excellent story - two thumbs up!

She said: I saw this movie when it came out in the theater and remembered that it was one of Nicholas Cage's best movies. I was excited to watch it again and I have to say that I liked it even more. It was very funny the way the movie addresses some of the serious issues that can come up in married life: not having enough time for eachother, the joy of having a good community of friends that know you and keep you accountable, giving up some dreams for others, loyalty, and commitment to family. I think Tae Leone (sp?) is a wonderful actress and does a great job as a busy Mother. My favorite aspect of this film has to be the father daughter relationship! It has an interesting humerous twist that underlies the entire movie!! Two thumbs up!

No comments: