Monday, March 19, 2007

Every Day is wonderful

Well it has been almost a month since I nearly didn't wake up. For those who don't know, about a month ago, I went unconscience from a low blood sugar. It happened around 7 AM and if it weren't for my wife, and for God's mercy I may not be here today writing this entry.
How it happened, we aren't sure. No real strange changes ocurred the night before, but I do know I woke up with 4-5 paramedics asking me if I knew where I was. I told them the city I live in, and they asked more specifically where I was, and then I got a nice ambulance ride (similar to the one on the right) to the ER room. Evidently, I stopped responding to my wife's questions and went completely unconscience until they were able to give me an IV of sugar to boost my blood sugar back up. I can truly say that experiences like that give you a whole new outlook on life. It made me wonder why I spend so much leisure time doing things that aren't going to matter in 5-10 years, if I may not even have tomorrow. It also really helped me be grateful to my wife, my city's ambulance/fire fighter crew, and the Lord for preventing that day from being the last. In Hebrews 9:27, 28 it says:

And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgement, so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many. To those who eagerly wait for Him He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation.

I can't avoid the appointment. None of us can. Ten out of ten die. However, I can be ready to meet God and stand before Him confident that I have believed in His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ. Praise God for life here, and for eternal life. I am grateful that I have some more time here, but its wonderful to not be afraid to die when my apointment comes. God is good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Paul!

luke middleton said...

"I can't avoid the appointment. None of us can. Ten out of ten die. However, I can be ready to meet God and stand before Him confident that I have believed in His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ."

Great perspective.