Thursday, May 10, 2007

Dragnet Movie review

I thought I would tape this movie on my DVR due to it being so popular several years ago. Plus I do enjoy good Tom Hanks and Dan Aykroyd movies. However, I think this one was kind of disappointing, not to mention way-out-there. They took a somewhat reputable show about cops and threw in a crazy bad guy (Christopher Plummer in a role far far away from The Sound of Music). There were moments that were funny in the movie (it wasn't a totally wash over in my opinion), but overall I think it was stretching the main story a little too far, and found the humor somewhat forced at times. Also there is some objectionable content surrounding the bad guys, which knocks this movie out of the question for kids younger than 13 years old. And the irony of that is that you want to introduce your kids to nostalgic shows and movies when they ARE younger than 13 years old. After that, they may not be that interested in what you watched when you were their age. Not worth 2 hours of your time in my opinion.

No comments: