Thursday, May 10, 2007

The Prestige Movie Review

He Said:
Another movie about magicians similar to The Illusionist listed below. However, this one seems to have a darker twist of revenge throughout. Two magicians are in competition with one another for having the best magic show. Over time they routinely try to sabotage each others magic shows and figure out how each one is doing their most famous tricks. This is a very well acted movie, and the ending will blow you away with surprise. I love a movie that keeps you guessing until the end, and The Prestige does a wonderful job of it. Highly recommended if you are looking for intrigue, mystery and a good story. Although it has its sad parts, I think I would give it two thumbs up for being unpredictable and holding enough surprises that it would make you want to re-watch it just to catch everything. Well done movie!

She said:
There are very few movies I actually walk out of and this was one! This movie is on the borderline between suspense and horror. My husband loved the interesting dynamics of the characters - and solving the mystery in the movie. However, I thought the story was mind numbing and depressing - it was all about two competitive vengeful magicians! I felt like I was watching a story about two grown men behave very immaturely. The characters will go to any lengths to compete and get refenge on the other and destroy eachothers lives in the process. I kept hoping that it would get better and it started getting more vindictive. So, I finally realized that reading, cleaning, or doing pretty much anything else would be time better well spent. The Illusionist was MUCH better! Also, the next morning here was the conversation that followed, "So, who done it?" I asked Paul. I was still a little curious about what he uncovered by finishing the flick. "Uhgh. Well, I'm not really sure. It was a really interesting plot. I'll have to check on the web to make sure."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought the prestige was an awsome movie, I had to watch the ending like five times,and I still have like three different theories on the ending, any movie that can do that is awsome and bro the acting was outstanding!It is like the bible you have to read it a couple of times to sometimes get it LOL. Oh Chrystal there are three parts to a magic act and you must watch very closely or you will be fooled LOL. Great movie though, bro blood thinks the same on this one. I would give it three thumbs up, oh my bad I only have two thumbs!I almost had you fooled LOL
CC