Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Deja Vu Review (it rhymes!)


I rented this movie after hearing it was pretty good from a friend of mine. I believe my friend was right. This was a little bit of a lighter sci-fi movie than Terminator or Blade Runner regarding time travel. Denzel Washington is an investigator for some law enforcement agency and has to investigate a tragic terrorist act that happened when someone set a bomb off a boat full of people. As he continues to investigate, he finds out that there are some people who have tapped into time travel and can recreate events after they happened with video from all angles. This - as you can imagine - makes solving crimes much easier and leads Denzel Washington to believe that he may be able to change history by observing the past. Of course everyone's dream is to do this, so it makes for an interesting story that one of the victims of the terrorist, happens to be an attractive girl that Denzel begins to fall for as he learns more about her. I won't give you anymore than that, but it turns out it is a fun flick that has its share of suspenseful moments. Maybe not as deep as Blade Runner or Stranger Than Fiction, but still worth the time to finish. Good action/sci-fi movie as long as you don't try to cross-check every detail of the story for accuracy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It also rhymes with the New Zoo Revue

Anonymous said...

It also rhymes with PU.

Angel said...

See, this movie annoyed me because there were too many factual impossibilities--even allowing for the whole time travel thing. Then ending just didn't make sense logically. But then again, I'm not a sci-fi fan for the very reason that it never does make sense to me. My husband loves it though, so that is why I watched the movie in the first place. :)