Sunday, September 07, 2008

Wayne's World 2 Review

This was my (Paul's) pick due to the fact that I enjoyed the first movie so much. This one was also funny, so I wouldn't judge it a complete dud, yet it still lacked as much comedy as the first one contained. Basically Wayne and Garth are back in this one, and have to tackle situations like Wayne meeting his girlfriend's Asian father, Garth getting his first girlfriend, and Wayne having to fight a greedy music producer who is trying to steal his girlfriend. Some of the parts I did laugh out loud to, so I'm not going to judge this movie too harshly, yet you do have to be in the right state of mind to enjoy this movie. Don't watch this movie expecting profound moments of life illumination. Also don't watch this movie if you didn't like the first "Wayne's World" as I don't think you will think it is much better if any. However, I personally do like the "Wayne's World" movies better than any of the "Austin Powers" movies that Myers went on to do in the future. For some reason I just found them funnier and more clever in my opinion. Wayne's World 2 does feature actors like Charleton Heston, and Chris Farley (both who have since died), and it has a cameo of Drew Barrymore. It was neat to see how many famous actors and actresses decided to play small parts in this movie, and the jokes are pretty much non-stop. If you liked the first one, you should definitely check out this one.

1 comment:

Matt said...

What a classic. I loved it.

Garth: Ok, we've had some word that there is some bad red rope licorice circulating in the crowd.