Saturday, April 04, 2009

Vanilla Sky Review



Pure genius. I saw this movie after taping it off of TV, and have rewatched parts of it almost 6 times! Now granted I saw the edited for TV version, and I can't endorse everything about this movie, yet the acting, the soundtrack, and the storyline get an exceptional rating in my opinion. Tom Cruise is a rich young man who has a lot of money and everything he ever wanted in life. However, due to some friendships in his life, and some bad choices, his life is changed forever. I won't say much more than that, but I loved the deeper meanings in this movie. Don't watch this movie expecting a chic flick, because you probably will be very disappointed, however - if you like movies that make you think about life - you will probably enjoy "Vanilla Sky" very, very much. Again - the acting is phonemenal, and the soundtrack was superb. I'm a big fan of directors that can match a good story with great songs. "Vanilla Sky" definitely does that with unexpected twists and quotes that will leave you thinking you need to rewatch this movie to really "get it". Two thumbs up!

No comments: