Saturday, July 25, 2009

Conspiracy Theory review


I caught this movie on TV a few weeks ago, and actually was able to watch the whole thing through finally. I know my siblings have enjoyed this movie, but I had never gotten around to actually watching it. I liked this movie about Mel Gibson being a paranoid oddball who loves Julia Roberts character and confides in her what his theories are. The acting is well-done, and the movie has bits of humor sprinkled throughout with intense action scenes to make a pretty well-balanced movie to watch. One unique thing about this movie that I have to add, is that it actually motivated me to find out more about the classic book "The Catcher and the Rye". This book has a significant part in the movie, and made me want to find out more about the plot that surrounded it. Movies that actually pique your curiousity in reading the classics don't come around all the time - so that caused my evaluation of this movie to be a little higher than average. Good suspense, decent comedy parts, and an intriguing story make for a good movie in my opinion. 1.5 thumbs out of 2.

No comments: