Saturday, July 25, 2009

Innerspace Review


A classic movie directed by Steven Spielberg from the 80s. Innerspace is the story about a pilot that goes on a mission to be miniturized and injected into a bunny rabbit. However, things get dicey, and instead of being injected into a rabbit, the pilot (played by Dennis Quaid) is injected into a character played by Martin Short. Although this movie is classified as a comedy, I didn't find it that funny. Dennis Quaid and Meg Ryan both play in this movie, and I thought that Martin Short did the physical comedy parts very well. However, it almost appeared that this movie's target audience may have been under my age. It is cute and relies on a lot of physically comedic scenarios to try to keep the laughs coming, and I found it OK - but not great as far a comedies go. I think my favorite Martin Short comedy still has to be "The Three Amigos". I believe that movie came out in the 80s as well. Of course one reason I may consider "The Three Amigos" a better movie was that my first watching of it was when I was quite a bit younger. Some movies leave a lasting good impression on you when you are young, but don't seem as impressive when you rewatch them several years later. 1 thumb up.

No comments: