Saturday, July 25, 2009

Lars and the Real Girl review


This is one of those quirky yet recommended movies that came out recently. I had heard some good things about the overall message and added it to my Netflix queue. I'm sorry to say I could not finish the movie. The message may be really good in the ending, yet I just couldn't bring myself to finish it in this slow-moving drama about a man who basically treats a life-size doll as his best friend. I think the acting was pretty well done, I just struggled to relate and stay drawn into the storyline due to the oddity of the whole plot. Sorry Lars, I lost my patience with you. As I watched Lars take his doll to the doctor, and to get a haircut, as well as to a holiday party, my mind began pondering the 1.5 hours I will never regain as I sat watching this movie. Not a very fast-moving or typical movie, yet if you have the patience, you may find it very rewarding. I didn't have the patience so therefore I give "Lars and the Real Girl", 1/2 thumb up out of two. Sorry Lars, I never did find out if he ended up going out with a real girl. Oh well.

No comments: