Saturday, May 08, 2010

The Blind Side review


I went to see this movie when it came out around Thanksgiving in 2009 and really, really enjoyed it. It is an interesting story about a young man and the family who welcomes him into their home and helps him to become an NFL player. This is a powerful story and very well acted by Sandra Bullock. I think this is one of the best roles she has played and I'm glad she was nominated for best actress for it. I almost wouldn't call this movie a sports movie - just because the storyline really revolves more about Michael Orr coming into the home of this southern family in the movie and how they both learned from each other. Another true story that Hollywood did a really good job with. I felt this movie was well cast, well-directed and inspiring to watch. Very well-done and very moving. A definite recommendation in my book.

No comments: