Saturday, May 08, 2010

Coach Carter review


This basketball movie was surprisingly much better than I expected. This movie is probably one of the more recent ones that I watched. It stars Samuel L. Jackson as the Coach Carter of the Richmond, VA high school basketball team. I went into this movie kind of skeptical because movies like this can tend to be fairly formulaic. This movie really impressed me, because it wasn't exactly what I expected and it really delivered. Coach Carter went against the grain and really believed that the values he stood up for had the potential to change lives. I was really impressed at the vision of Coach Carter and just how far he would go to make his point. Very well-acted by Samuel Jackson. Also having seen another basketball movie entitled "Glory Road", I felt this movie was volumes better. I don't know if it was the writing or the acting - but I just felt that Coach Carter was one of the best movies regarding basketball I have seen since the movie "Hoosiers". Although I can't agree with everything that goes on in the movie, I did find it fairly realistic and very motivational. Standing up for the truth isn't always popular and this movie does a good job showing that. Two thumbs up in my opinion. Like I said before, potententially the best basketball movie I have seen since "Hoosiers".

No comments: