Tuesday, November 01, 2011

A Review on Burritos

It has been forever since I posted,  so I came up with something I want to write about.  BURRITOS!  Nowadays the burrito place is becoming as common as the hamburger place once was.  They are extremely tasty and rarely leave you hungry and unless you are turned off by Mexican food in general,  it is rare to meet someone who objects to a tasty burrito.    My co-workers and I (who will now be referred to as "The Burrito Boys") decided to try one burrito at a different place each week and review them.   This week the Burrito Boys decided to try Chipotle Mexican Grill.   I got a pork burrito with guacamole and my fellow Burrito Boy got a steak burrito with guacamole.    My burrito was very tasty and I thought I would list out the pros and cons of the burrito from Chipotle -

PROs:  Rarely hungry after a burrito from Chipotle,  each burrito packs about 1200 calories, ingredients taste fresh,  guacamole is amazing,  you may be able to maintain a healthy weight by only eating one meal from this place a day,  and don't have a loud greeting yelled out to you when you walk in.

CONs:  You feel really full and heavy after finishing one of their menu items,  guacamole costs extra (whereas many places include it at no extra charge),  no chips included with order, my fellow Burrito Boy felt the steak was a bit tough to eat,  at 1200 calories per burrito it is hard to consider how many people this would feed in third world countries,  unlikely to have any weight loss stories from consistently eating at this place,   beans can have after effects that I will not go into on this blog (but you may want to have Gas-X handy).

All in all - my review would be 4 out of 5 stars for a burrito at Chipotle.   I feel the food is high quality but if they offered a smaller size it would be nice.

No comments: