Friday, November 21, 2008

Some Research that Might Help You to be Happier

I was browsing around http://www.lifehacker.com and noticed this article about those who watch TV : http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/20/health/research/20happy.html?_r=1&em I highly recommend you take a look at it. TV and movies seem to be watched more and more. No I don't have any stats for you about this, but I do know that my tendency is to watch more of it, rather than less of it. However, unhappy people seem to watch MORE TV than happy people (at least according to the article above referenced). So come on people, turn off that television and go visit your neighbor or go for a hike. Do something other than allow yourself to passively watch hours of programming. I've thought of writing a novel someday in my life. However, watching TV seriously impedes any chance of starting my novel. Speaking of good novels - I just read one called Shoefly Pie by Tim Downs. Excellent book that was very well-written in my opinion. If you like murder mysteries, you might want to check it out.

No comments: