Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Love Happens Review

I watched this with my wife tonight and boy, was I surprised (in a good way).  Love Happens as a movie is a well put-together movie about the need people have for one another,  and the ways people try to escape their hurt.   The acting in it was top-notch and the script was really well-written in my humble opinion.   Don't rent this movie thinking you will be getting a romantic comedy.  While it did have romance points,  it wasn't purely about the love between the two main characters.   This movie dared to tackle much deeper issues in life and for that - I have to applaud it.    I was expecting a fluffy, formulaic movie where everything turns up wonderful,  but this movie went in directions I didn't expect and tackled issues that many movies don't even touch (in a good way)!!  One thing I really liked about the movie was,  that even though the main character wasn't dealing with his own emotions and issues that occurred in his own life - he still was driven with a heart to touch other people and minister to their needs.   Rather than become self-obsessed he was still focusing on others which was a wonderful example of "loving his neighbor as himself" as the Bible teaches.    Since I don't want to give anymore away - I'll leave it at that and heartily recommend you go out and rent/buy the movie "Love Happens".   Movies like this aren't released that often.

No comments: