Tuesday, February 02, 2016

Muppets Most Wanted Review

I want to start this review stating my feelings about the Muppets.  I really love them and was looking forward to this new movie "Muppets Most Wanted".  The previews looked great.  The plot looked funny.  I was eagerly looking forward to Muppet fun again.  I put this on for my girls and I and sat back to see what Disney had done with the latest Muppets installment.  I was disappointed.   The plot revolves around a Kermit impostor who tries to take over Kermit's role because he is a wanted frog.  I thought it had a lot of potential,  but sadly it failed to deliver in witty writing.  Although some may disagree, I found the muppet movies "Muppet Treasure Island" and "Muppet's in Space" extremely funny and enjoyable to watch.  The jokes really hit home for me in those two movies.  In this movie it seemed that most of the writing tries to be funny but seriously misses the mark.  Kermit is sent to a prison and the impostor Constantine tries to take over his role with the Muppets.  They definitely try to borrow some material from "The Pink Panther" series of movies,  and some of the jokes are genuinely funny but overall I felt this was not a great Muppet movie.  "Muppets Treasure Island" was much better done in my opinion.   Unless you are obsessed with the Muppets I recommend skipping this one and watching one of their other classic movies instead.  Two thumbs down.  It could have been so much better.

No comments: