Sunday, November 29, 2009

G.I. Joe : Rise of the Cobra Review

What a disappointment! I am sad to say I TRIED (key-work is tried) to watch this movie after watching the previews and being very fond of the toy in the 80s, and had to turn off this movie only a half-hour into the storyline. The acting is bad, the storyline is almost non-existent, and the CGI special effects almost seem like the whole thing is a giant video game. As I stated, I really enjoyed this toy when I was younger and had high hopes for the live-action movie. Maybe that was my problem. I had "high hopes". I was pleasantly surprised with the first Transformers movie and thought that this might follow in the robot movie's footsteps. However, after watching a sad half-hour of it, I realized that wouldn't be the case. It seemed the actors and their lines were over-the-top cheesy and the special effects seemed to be so overdone that it appeared the producer/writers may have been throwing in overblown special effects to make up for the pathetic storyline and the lack of good acting. I'm sorry, but I have to say SAVE TWO HOURS OF YOUR LIFE AND SKIP THIS MOVIE!! There - I said it. I would have liked to give this movie a higher rating, but I found it too sad to put a positive spin on it at all. Watch the cartoon movie if you long for a movie about this toy.

1 comment:

Matt said...

That's too bad - I was hoping that it would be cool...