Sunday, November 29, 2009

Gone Baby Gone review

When I sat down to watch this movie, I was hoping for an intense mystery movie about a search for a little girl. I can't give much commentary about this movie, because I turned it off about a half-hour into it. The language in this movie is very rough, and probably realistic. Although I was interested in this movie at first, the language just became too much of a distraction to me and I ended up opting to turn the whole thing off. Now, granted the writers and director were probably trying to show the reality of the street language. However, I don't like it when language seems to be written into a script just to merit a "R" rating. Maybe that wasn't the case, but I just found the foul language too distracting from the actual storyline to actually finish the movie. Well - isn't that real life, you say? Maybe it is, but I generally don't hang out in places where that type of language is used to that degree. It is not like I never heard foul words like this movie contained, it was just a choice to not intentionally choose to hear foul words in a movie that didn't necessarily need them to convey a story. This could have been a good movie (and maybe it turned out to be). I don't think I'll ever find out.

No comments: