Sunday, November 29, 2009

Notting Hill review

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! I hope all my readers have had a great chance to eat some turkey, enjoy time with friends and family, and reflect on all the blessings we have been given.

While visiting family this week, I happened to sit down and watch Notting Hill with them. I personally like Hugh Grant's acting a little more than Julia Roberts but must say this movie was a pleasant romantic drama/comedy about a movie actress (Julia) who falls for a simple bookshop owner. I'm not positive this would be considered a comedy or just a romantic drama with some funny moments - but it still seemed to work well. Both Julia Roberts and Hugh Grant were very good at playing their roles, and they were supported by several very talented actors/actresses who made the whole story work really well. Although I don't think this was as good a movie for Hugh Grant as Two Weeks Notice, I do think he played his part well and it made for a good fairy-tale story about two people who have great chemistry together. There are a few off-color jokes throughout the story, but overall I think this was a very well-made and funny story that makes for a great overall movie. Two thumbs up.

No comments: