Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Drumline Review

Chrystal owns this movie, and since I never have seen it (even though it came out in 2002), I decided to sit down and watch it with her. I must confess I was a little skeptical that this movie would be that engaging, due to the subject matter. Come on, people, we are talking about drums in a college band. Not even sports here! However, this movie was surprisingly very very entertaining and well done (in my opinion). First of all, the actor Nick Cannon is amazing. He plays his role exceptionally. Also the actual chemistry of all the stars goes a long way and the movie does a fantastic job of taking something that the audience may not care about much (in this case, playing in a band for those who have never been muscicians), and making it very entertaining and fun to watch. I used to play the trumpet, but have never actually been involved in anything like a college band. However, watching the drum scenes were never boring in this movie due the fantastic way it was presented. Not only that, but true life lessons were well-presented throughout this journey about a young man with talent and a bad attitude. I'm glad Chrystal recommended I watch this one with her. Two thumbs up for a movie that teaches great lessons in an engaging way! I would venture to say that this movie was the best band movie I have seen since the old musical Music Man.

1 comment:

Matt said...

You have not convinced me yet... Check out this one "The Way We Live Now" (BBC 2-Disc Series)