Thursday, December 13, 2007

Early Christmas presents


I love early Christmas presents! This wonderful movie was presented to me by my wonderful wife as an early Christmas present. I have to say that Transformers was one of the best movies of Summer 2007 in my opinion. The effects were great, the story was well-done (even though it was a tad long), and you just can't argue with how cool transforming robots are who come to save the world. What could be better in the fictional Hollywood world where all things work out in the end? I actually never followed the toys and cartoon in the 80s, but I fondly remember how much of a rage they caused among my friends and peer group of the time. I personally was more into G.I. Joe, but I have to say that given the chance, I may have been seriously into Transformers as well. In any case, I think the new movie was well worth watching several times. There are a few parts that definitely seem to cater to the MTV crowd, and unfortunately the writer thought that things like that had to be included in this movie. However, I still don't think it ruins the movie as a whole. Great action, fun story, rocking music. Sounds like a blockbuster to me.

No comments: