Thursday, December 13, 2007

Hollywood Homicide Review


Another movie that I caught on TV and taped, so I thought I would review it. I initially was interested in this movie, due to liking Harrison Ford and his spin at comedy (at least in the Star Wars movies). I knew this movie hadn't gotten that many great reviews, but I thought I would check it out. After watching it, I can see why reviewers were, for the most part, disappointed with this one. I'm glad it wasn't taking up queue space on my blockbuster list. It is a mediocre comedy about an old cop (sorry Harrison) and a young cop who have to learn to work together. Josh Hartnett plays the young guy. You may remember him from the movie Pearl Harbor. He was OK in this movie, but definitely wasn't the best at acting. Harrison was semi-funny in this comedy but he seems to have lost some of his Indiana Jones/Hans Solo humor that made him so funny in the 70s and 80s. Any good lessons in this movie? Not really. The whole movie is supposed to be a semi-funny cop comedy. It somewhat succeeds but not as well as it could. I think better script writing would have helped. One of the funniest parts for me involves a wild car chase in a convertible. Needless to say, seeing Harrison Ford bent out of shape due to his young partner's driving was HILARIOUS! After that, the film is mildly entertaining, but not that great. I did think Harrison Ford did a better job than in the movie Firewall that came out after this one. In Firewall, you just feel bad for him when he takes on the bad guys. At least this movie never put Ford in a place where you honestly felt bad that he was placed in danger. After all, that is what Indiana Jones thrives on. I'll be looking forward to see how his new Indy movie turns out this coming Summer 2008.

No comments: