Saturday, October 11, 2008

August Rush Review


This movie was recommended to me by several people as a great heart-warming story with a wonderful music soundtrack. I have to agree with the soundtrack aspect. This movie really does have some great original music and is fun to watch. The basic story is that a boy was born due to the union of two musicians having a one-night stand. They get separated and kind of go on with their lives not realizing that the father of the girl has signed the kid off for adoption and to stay in foster care not wanting his girl to become a mother. Long story short - and I must warn you that spoilers will be forthcoming - the boy uses his musical genius to help find the musical genius of his two parents so that they are all reunited over the love of music in the end. The one thing I didn't enjoy about this movie was that I found it kind of slow to get started. It definitely had good plot development, yet I found it almost boring in the beginning as I'm waiting for the story to unfold. However, the acting was very good, and as stated before the musical score is one of the best I've heard in recent movies made. Recommended for all those who have even a passing interest in music.

2 comments:

Matt said...

This was a good one.

Anonymous said...

The most relaxing and heart warming movie I have seen. It is a change from depressing from world and local news