Friday, October 17, 2008

The Outsiders Review

This movie is a classic teen movie of the 80s starring Patrick Swayzee, Tom Cruise, Rob Lowe, and some other big name actors. I rented this one because it is considered a classic and directed by the same guy who directed "The Godfather" movies. Overall, I was slightly disappointed. It was a sad movie about kids in gangs and probably did a pretty good job showing how much kids are looking for something to do when their home life is sad. I would say the stars of this movie would be Matt Dillion as the bully who stops caring about the world, and Ralph Macchio (who is famous for his role in "The Karate Kid") as a young boy who ends up making some bad choices early on and becoming a legend throughout the movie. Although there are some good performances in here, I felt that there was almost too much star power with all the young actors that played in this movie. It almost seemed that there was so much acting talent in this movie, that no one actor could really shine through. Besides that, I didn't feel that I grew to know the characters well enough to feel anything for them when tragedy hits. So I would not recommend this movie unless you want to see some well known actors in their early years. Half a thumb (singular) up for this movie in my opinion.

No comments: