Saturday, October 18, 2008

What I'm Reading

I thought I would take a small break to let you know that I am in the process of reading the book on the left by A.W. Pink. Although I don't agree with Pink's views on all of Scripture, I was impressed by the notes this guy has put together on Hebrews. Hebrews in the New Testament has always been fascinating to me because other than the Historical books (the Gospels and Acts), it is one of the longer books in the New Testament and people are still not postive who was the human author. Pink believes that the Apostle Paul was, but I'm not so sure. I tend to believe that Apollos may have written it, but of course, I have no proof. Anyway - this book so far is very good. I'm about 100 pages (out of 1312 pages) into it, but I find it very detailed and informative as well as practical. Pink was great at emphasizing the sovereignty of God and magnifying Jesus in his writings. I don't believe I am quite as Calvinistic as he was, and I'm definitely not a cessationist like he was, but overall I think this a book that is worth a read if you are interested in learning more about the book of Hebrews. Of course, the best way to learn about it is to read it yourself, and ask the Holy Spirit for insight on the book He inspired, nevertheless if you are looking for a good commentary to add to your study - I would recommend An Exposition of Hebrews by A.W. Pink.

No comments: