Monday, February 05, 2007

Cool Hand Luke Review

Although I like Newman's Own salad dressings and enjoyed watching The Sting and Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, this movie was disappointing. It is basically a story of some guy that won't conform to prison rules and ends up paying the price. He becomes a hero to those in prison who believe the guy is one-of-a-kind and Luke (Paul Newman), becomes a sort of role model to all those in prison with hopes to escape. The acting is very well-done I will say that, but overall I found the movie kind of depressing. I originally rented this movie knowing that it was one of the top 100 movies made according to AFI's top movies, but I guess that had my hopes up a little too high. I also watched Marlon Brando in A Streetcar Named Desire, and guess what? Despite all reviews to the contrary, I found it to be boring and strange as well. I could also add Citizen Kane to that list. After watching all of these movies, I just wonder why people rate these movies so high? They aren't exactly movies that leave a great impression on me after watching them, but I'm not your average movie reviewer. That's what makes my blog my own!
Anyway I give this movie 2.5 stars out of 5. Not the worse movie I've seen, but certainly not the best. Until next time!

No comments: