Thursday, February 08, 2007

The Illusionist movie review

One of the best new releases I have seen in a long time! I can highly recommend this new movie that is based on a true story of a magician in the 1800s (I believe). This movie is thought provoking, interesting and romantic all rolled into one. I haven't seen too many movies with Edward Norton (Fight Club) that I really liked, but this is definitely one of them. Basically the story revolves around a very well-known (in his day) magician who loves someone that the evil ruler also is interested in. That's all I say for now, but if you are looking for a great, adventure/drama that is based on a true story, I think you should definitely rent this one. There is one objectionable scene but it is very easy to skip and to tell when it is coming. However, there is no bad language that I recall and the storyline is superb! Two thumbs up for an intriguing story with solid acting, a great script and a well-done ending!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yea, I wonder if your blog is just an Illusion.

J.A.W. said...

We just recently discovered The Illusionist too, it's great! I loved the dark (but not oppressive) mood and lighting. Ed Norton totally makes the movie; he's perfect for this role, and pulled it off beautifully. I would recommend this movie to anyone.
J.A.W.