Monday, February 05, 2007

The Joys of Reformatting


Well it's that time again - time to reinstall my OS on my laptop yet again. I was hoping I could hold off on it, but for some strange reason, my laptop has ceased to work reliably. Sometimes it boots up fine, but other times it loads the wallpaper and nothing else. I even changed my nature wallpaper to a plain blue background and those icons still refuse to show! After talking about it with my good friend Matt, I have decided to take the plunge and start clean. I'm hoping that this will give me a 10 out of 10 reliability everytime I hit the power button. Sometimes it is good to have a clean start. I believe that is why we are instructed to renew our minds as well according to Romans 12:2

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. NJKV

or as The Message puts it:

Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you.

We all get bogged down by what people are eating, drinking, what cool movie they are watching or what successful people are wearing. However, to really make a difference in the world, we can't merely be a conformist to the world's system. We have to dare to be different and ask our Maker to change us into the person He wants us to be. Following our culture is easy. Daring to live a life that is different, and responding to difficulties with joy causes others to realize you are relying on Someone other than yourself. Only Christ can truly transform you, deliver you from sin, and enable you to have a personal relationship with the Author of Life - Jesus Christ.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

when I saw that picture, I figured to many hours at work has caused some mental strain on your old brain.

Paul said...

Hey! Anonymous user, why not identify yourself? How do I know whether you are friend or foe? I can take an insult with no hard feelings.