Saturday, February 24, 2007

Our little dependent

Well after thinking about it for a while, my wife and I decided to add a member to our family. Meet Daisy - our new cat. We have never owned a pet together, and look forward to many years with our new dependent - if we can convince her that we are really nice people! Evidently, from what I know, Daisy has had some rough experiences dealing with people. She is not agressive at all, yet at the smallest thing - like walking down the stairs she will run and hide in one of her favorite spots - under our couch. We love Daisy and continue to buy her new toys and try to coax her out from under the couch, yet she remains untrusting and shy with us. However, we aren't giving up. Chrystal especially is growing to love her more and more each day and is convinced that in time she will warm up enough to us that she won't run and hide when we come looking for her. All this care we are putting into our new pet has really given me a taste (and I really do mean a very, very small tiny taste ) of perhaps what God feels when people run, hide or hate Him even though He continues to pursue us and love us. I realize I will never fully comprehend what God feels, but having someone or something that you care about and want to spoil yet that refuses to trust you or stop hiding from you has given me a little bit more of a picture. I am sure if Chrystal and I have children someday, we will even have more of a picture of that. Since many kids are notorious for taking all they can from their parents and never returning anything or showing gratefulness - yet that is how we all acted before God called us to repent and be saved. God's patience, mercy and enduring love are truly amazing to people such as us.

The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. - Lamenations 3:22-23 ESV

But God had mercy on me so that Christ Jesus could use me as a prime example of his great patience with even the worst sinners. Then others will realize that they, too, can believe in him and receive eternal life. 1 Timothy 1:16 NLT

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you have a Cat thats anti-social, I wonder if it was Homeschooled. mawhaha.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Chrystal decided to get a cat and you gave in.

Congrads!

Anonymous said...

P. Bibby you never listened to our advice.

Paul said...

Sometimes experience is the best teacher, Alex. ha ha.

Anonymous said...

well we all know one of the anonymous commenters is named Alex...way to blow your cover Alex.

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, Daisy is adorable! what pretty eyes, Can't wait to meet her!