Friday, January 08, 2016

Avengers : Age of Ultron Review

I decided after thinking the first Avengers movie was "OK" (not as hyped as it seemed to be) to give the sequel a shot.   This one involved an evil metallic man taking on the Avengers (does this sound at all like Fantastic Four : Rise of the Silver Surfer anyone?) All the Avengers are back for this one and even the Green Guy finds a bit of romance in this one.   So I don't want to spoil this movie,  but I will assure you that the Avengers are still alive at the end of it.   Why would I only give this movie 2 stars out of 5?  Why does this movie only get 1/2 a thumb up from Paul and Chrystal? Well to be honest : too many characters to develop any feelings for.  Due to the fact that this movie is following about 7-8 character stories (with some unity in the plot) it was very hard for me to care that much about any of them.  Even though this movie sucked 120 minutes of my life away,  I didn't really feel that involved in the story line nor did I find the evil metallic man that much of a scare or threat for that matter.  

Would I feel differently if I avidly followed "The Avengers" comic books?  Possibly but not guaranteed.  I honestly don't care of the Hulk finds true love, if Tony Stark learns to play well with others, or if Thor realizes he lives in the wrong time period (Captain America too).    I think this may be my final Avengers movie for review.   The first one was a 3 out 5 star movie.  I think this one would have to be a 2 out of 5.   Although Avengers: Age of Ultron features an all-star cast,  it sadly doesn't deliver in good writing.  My advice:  Skip this one and re-watch Iron Man 3 if you haven't seen it lately.

No comments: