Monday, January 11, 2016

Love & Mercy Review

I selected this movie because although I don't know much about the Beach Boys and Brian Wilson,  I was interested in learning more.   It stars John Cusack and Elizabeth Banks and I found this story very interesting and artistic as it recounted Brian Wilson's story.   The movie is broken into two different story lines - one with Brian in his younger days during his struggles with life and the Beach Boys group - and the second one was middle aged Brian starting to fall in love again (with the character played by Elizabeth Banks) and showing his relationship with his doctor (or psychologist) trying to control him. 

Random fact:  I found out from Chrystal that the Beach Boys had made several guest appearances on the show Full House.  I'm unsure if Brian Wilson was included in those guest appearances or not.

My summation:  Good movie - although kind of slow at parts in an artistic fashion, with good music used throughout the story.   Although I don't think John Cusack looks much at all like Brian, he played the part very well,  and the other supporting actors did a great job with the movie as well.  If you like the Beach Boys or any of their music,  you should consider checking out Love & Mercy.  Throughout the movie it resonated with the value of true friends and family, and included some great music along the journey.

No comments: